Chocolate lovers rejoice! This amazing no-bake pie explodes with chocolate flavor and is sure to be loved by any chocoholic. Seriously, what is not to love about an Oreo cookie crust filled with rich and creamy chocolate pudding spiked with a (optional) hint of Kahlua. That’s what I thought…nothing!
Chilled desserts like puddings, pies, ice creams, and sorbets are naturally summer dessert favorites by helping the body stay cool. Additionally, no-bake items are also summer favorites because you do not have to heat up the oven that will make the A/C work that much harder or *gasp* heat up the oven when you don’t even have A/C to cool the house back down.
This chocolate pudding pie is quick and easy to prepare and can be adapted to the tastes of the audience it is serving. For example, if this pie is being served to a grown-up crowd, go ahead and spike the pudding with a shot of Kahlua or white rum for a boozy kick. If the pie is going to be hitting the taste buds of the younger crowd or a mixture of both young and old you may want to skip the shot of alcohol and keep things vanilla with none other than a shot of vanilla extract. Either way you make it, this pie is to die for and you will not regret giving it a try this summer!
No-Bake Double Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 1 (8 in.) prepared Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup unsweetened Cocoa
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 ¾ cups Milk; divided
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 4 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Kahlua (or 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract)
- ½ cup Fresh Raspberries (optional)
- Whipped Cream; for topping (optional)
- Place prepared Oreo crust in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add half of the milk and the 2 egg yolks. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add the remaining milk and stir until combined. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add the 4 oz. of chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in the Kahlua (or Vanilla). Pour filling into the prepared crust and cover with plastic wrap. Place pie back in the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours or until set. Serve with raspberries and whipped cream.