Quick, easy, and freezable, these gluten-free banana protein muffins are a great addition to your weekly meal plan to crush sweet cravings while staying healthy!
Gluten-Free Banana Protein Muffins
- 12 Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup (50 g.) Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 (209 g.) Bananas
- 6 tbsp. (96 g.) Apple Butter
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. (24 g.) Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup (27 g.) High-Fiber Cereal (Nature’s Path Smart Bran)
- 1 oz. (14 g.) Chopped Walnuts
- 16 Paper Muffin Liners
- Nonstick Cooking Spray (propellent-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 muffins tins with paper liners (you will need 16). Spray paper liners with nonstick (propellent-free) cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine egg whites, oats, bananas, apple butter, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Pulse until batter is smooth. Fold cereal into batter.
- Pour batter evenly amongst the liners and top with a small amount of chopped walnuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins have doubled in size and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before packaging into storage bags/containers to freeze.
NutritionPer Serving (1 Muffin): 59 Calories; 4 g. Protein; Total Fat 0.8 g; Sat. Fat 0.1 g; 2 g. Fiber; 144 mg Sodium; 4 g. Sugar; 9 g. Carbs; 0 mg Cholesterol.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: K. KLEIN
PHOTOGRAPHY & STYLING: PETER MENDOROS
ALL REMAINING CONTENT © HONEYBEES PATISSERIE 2022