If you are a chocoholic, it is likely that you often search for quick and easy chocolate fixes beyond the candy bar. Anyone with a weakness to chocolate knows it is really hard to stop at just one piece of chocolate, hence the search for more substance. This search usually includes chocolate infused into cakes, cookies, or brownies. If you easily tire from the same old box chocolate cake or bakery cookies, then this weakness can become a very big problem. Therefore, I bring you the Fudge-Almond Brownie Tart.
I simply adore this brownie tart for several reasons. The main reason is its rich, intense chocolate flavor that makes your indulgent side squeal with delight. The other reason is how simple it is to put together. This tart looks elegant and time-consuming but it is really simple and comes together quickly. Another plus is the richness keeps you from eating way too much. Sure it clocks in at way more calories and fat then most recipes I like to prepare but it is meant to be an indulgent treat. It is not something you keep around all the time to munch on but it serves great for when chocolate cravings peak and you need to keep them in check with something more satisfying. Even though the numbers of this appear very high, I guarantee when the chocolate cravings hit, you will consume way more calories and fat if you munch on a chocolate bar versus this tart. One slice will easily satisfy any and all chocolate/dessert cravings, whereas it will take several pieces of chocolate to get the same result. I assure you, several pieces of chocolate will easily turn into way more calories and fat (coming from experience).
Now if you are not stressing out on a diet or are serving this for guests I suggest pairing it with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. It adds just an extra bit of indulgence and the smooth texture complements the richness and crunch of the tart. The tart will serve up to 10 guests. If you need to accommodate a larger crowd the recipe can easily be doubled. Enjoy!!!
Fudge-Almond Brownie Tart
- Cooking Spray
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds; toasted
- 4 oz. Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (such as Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2.25 oz. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp. Dutch Processed Cocoa; sifted
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat the bottom and sides of a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray. Arrange the sliced almonds evenly in the bottom of the greased pan. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and butter together. Microwave approximately 30 to 60 seconds, stirring at 15 second intervals, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, cocoa, and salt. Stir mixture with a whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs. Mix with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is pale and thick (approximately 2 minutes). Continue beating on medium speed and gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all the sugar dissolves (approximately 2 minutes). On low speed add the corn syrup and vanilla, beating until combined. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until well blended. On low speed, add the flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan, spreading evenly over the sliced almonds. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the tart comes out with a few crumbs. Cool the tart in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert tart onto a serving platter and enjoy! Can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days if not serving immediately.
Weight Watchers: 10 Smart Points, 7 Points Plus, or 5 Traditional Points
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: CAROLE WALTER
PHOTOGRAPHY & STAGING: PETER MENDOROS
ALL REMAINING CONTENT © HONEYBEES PATISSERIE 2016
This looks amazing, I can’t believe it’s so simple!
I am saving the recipe! Wow! This looks really good!